We need you!
Keen to give back to cricket this season? The Willows has a way that wonâ€™t even require you to dust off your whites.
As of the 2018/19 season, The Willows will be launching a mentoring programme for promising young cricketers, and we need your help.
Our intention is to:
- Utilise your success in sport, business and personal life
- Pair you with a young 1st X1 cricketer
- Use cricket as a shared interest and a means to expand on future career plans, goal-setting and motivation for life beyond secondary school
Many high schoolers leave not knowing what they want from life, and in this small way you can make that transition easier.
What would be involved?
- We pair you up with a lad who has expressed interest
- Weâ€™ll help to facilitate a meetup. Remember, these lads are still at school, so a pint may not be on the cards!
- Allow for 1 or 2 days for the young man to shadow you in your workplace, learn how things are run and determine whether it is their â€˜cup of teaâ€™.
- We would offer this opportunity to all Christchurch 1st X1 students when they play at Jaguar Oval over the 2018-2019 season and evaluate the success at the end. Feedback will be provided by and to you.
It may seem small to you, but to a young man it could provide the spark needed to kickstart a promising career.
How do I sign up?
Just fill in the details below:Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org email address if you want to be a Willows Cricket Club member or if you are happy to mentoring.